Sunday, January 30, 2011

Aywas: Christmas Wishlist

There was a writing contest held in December 2010 where a species wrote a letter to Santa, in their point of view, asking for 25 items. The items could be tangible or intangible, as long as the items did not distinctly describe appearance. To my knowledge afterward, the list leaned more toward telling, but I still tried the "showing" element more. Out of five winners, I placed fourth, and a nice comment was given to me (and you can believe me when I saw that made my day!) along with a little prize. Anyway, I conjured the list in about an hour and didn't expect the nice outcome at all.

The character behind the items I was thinking of was a lonely girl who lived alone in a stone tower. Others often used to visit her, but then they would "mysteriously" stop showing up to play with the girl. The girl, confused over why all of her so-called "friends" left her, came to the conclusion that her ugliness was the reason why she was so alone. What she failed to realize was that her appearance played absolutely no role in the disappearances, it was her own violent tendencies that drove them away. So the girl, lonely and sad, wrote to Santa asking for new toys to seduce new playmates, material gifts to better her social skills, beautiful decorations for her house to entice others, modifications to her own appearance, and hints of a more violent side that yearns for objects with a bite to them. Blair surprised me by placing so high; after all, she was fabricated in an hour.

Perhaps one day this idea will be blown up until chunks splatter the walls of my brain.

NOTE: None of the content of stories for Aywas belong to me.



[Christmas Wishlist]

Dear Santa,
I hope I've been good enough this year to get presents because that accident with that one Melo wasn't my fault. What I'd love for Christmas is:


1. A playmate of any species. Just someone to play with. I get lonely sometimes.
2. A new rainbow ball. My last one broke, and it was my favorite toy.
3. A dollie with dark hair. I've heard these were beautiful.
4. Multi-colored roses to decorate my room with. They would be so pretty!
5. Vine wallpaper. Literally, vines streaming up my walls with all the prickly thorns exposed!
6. A coloring book. A long one with many pages if you could.
7. A bird-like Fauna. I'm not picky about them because all creatures with wings are stunning.
8. A pair of wings for myself. How I wish I could fly!
9. A garden that wouldn't die. My "garden" needs to stop dying, so maybe you can help me.
10. A live beehive outside in said garden. To make my own honey!
11. A glass orb for my room.
12. Glassware in the gothic fashion.
13. Tragedy novels that are bound to make me weep.
14. A membership to the nearby theatre. I've always wished to attend the plays there.
15. A record player.
16. Classical records for the record players. I want to hold balls for my... friends!
17. A dangerous plant. One that have the tendency to bite.
18. A harp, even though I don't know how to play it. I can always learn.
19. More houses in this area so more inhabitants can live near me.
20. Life-sized dolls, one of each species. Unlike the smaller dollie I mentioned before.
21. A large mirror to hang over my desk of personal items.
22. A pretty chair so I can sit and look in the mirror. I don't want to stand too much to see myself.
23. Pearly white teeth. Because pretty things have white teeth.
24. An exquisite bird cage. For the Fauna, but if I don't receive that, the cage can be decoration.
25. Beauty. I wish to appeal more to others instead of making them flee.

Thank you very much Santa. I would love to receive these items, and I would forever be grateful.
Love, Blair.





No comments:

Post a Comment