Thursday, January 13, 2011

A milestone.

So the last post was the last of my currently finished exercises. Besides those, I have two other completed works, one a short story of an event that inevitably happens to my main characters in "Heartfelt Folly" and the other the possible prologue. Other unfinished stories are floating around, one of them too long and too neglected. I've never taken writing as seriously as I have been now, for the better! So I only really have what I've posted, two short stories, five old, old, OLD fanfiction that I'm not that proud of, and unfinished stories (including the novel from NaNoWriMo).

The milestone? My laptop's RAM memory encountered problems earlier this month, and the laptop cannot go past the login screen. The furthest it was able to last without freezing was me being one character away from putting in my password. After looking around online on the other computer, I learned it's from the RAM because of the blue screen that popped up once or twice. Because this is an old laptop (Dell Inspiron 1150, that model that overheats), one 1GB RAM costs $90 on site and $50 online. Currently, the laptop has two 512MB, equaling 1GB total. Having one 1GB RAM replacement should do for now, and I can test if it's one or both of the RAMs that are acting up. Whatever the case, the laptop is not getting fixed soon because even if ordered online, the delivery would take a while.

How is this related to writing? I'm picky with my work environment, so this was a blow on my work ethic. November and December gave me time to enjoy sitting on my bed typing away as long as I wanted to, so now I don't want to use much else. I used a certain program to work on my NaNoWriMo novel, Q10, and I want to use it with the certain settings I had it on. This month was planned for finishing the novel, but now I'll have to push that into February. This month, I'll finish an exercise I'm working on and possibly work more on a separate short story I started in October. I regret how picky I am.

Now I'm finished being self-centered, just felt the need to post about the wide gap. I'm also going to be inactive from January 15th until January 22nd because of some stuff in real life as well as an event I'm going to try out. If I get my dream exercise done during that time period, I will post it.

So, sorry for the self-centered post, even if I'm talking to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment